We’re very excited at the amount of submissions we’ve received thus far! If you are still interested in submitting to our Spring Edition of Fiant Verbas: Integrate, then look over the guidelines; click here. The deadline is April 15th, 2017.
Here are some things we’ve noticed about informal submissions so far. We want to respond to everyone, and do so as politely and promptly as possible, but there are some things us artists and writers need to remember. Especially when submitting our work to reputable and distinguished publications, there are some do-s and don’t-s to keep in mind.
- Send us an email including the specific work/s you wish to submit.
- Include your name.
- Be business-like; use pleasantries; use correct grammar.
- Be patient; we will send you an email right away to let you know we have received your work. However, all authors/artists will be notified of their submission acceptance or rejection at the same time, about a week’s time after the deadline.
- Send us a link to your website and ask us to pick something.
- Send us a link to your website and ask if you should “bother” submitting; have some confidence in your work.
- Ask for revision pointers. It should be understood that you have edited your work before submitting. We will give you advice if your work has been accepted.
- Be rude; we won’t respond to you if you’re rude.
- Be discouraged! If your work is not accepted, keep working! Just because your creations aren’t right for us (or the specific edition you’ve submitted to), doesn’t mean they won’t be great elsewhere!
There are many wonderful websites and resources for “how to” submit your work. An example is this article on The Review Review: “What Editors Want…“